Is Jesus Jewish?

National Baptist Evangelical Life and Soul Sav...
National Baptist Evangelical Life and Soul Saving Assembly of the U.S.A. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Yeshua Hamashiach or Jesus Christ?


It's so easy to forget that Jesus was, and is, Jewish. That hasn't changed. We see him as Christian, Catholic, Orthodox, Holiness, or Baptist. But Jesus doesn't fit well into our structures. In fact he'd blow our wineskins apart.

So the next time you see your "church" as sacred, remember Jesus. He isn't Baptist or Catholic. He isn't even Messianic. And he sure isn't American. And his viewpoint isn't yours or mine. He is God.

Take a minute and think about the man and Son of God, Jesus. He ministered to Jews and Gentiles, prostitutes and tax collectors. Jesus turned the status quo into a new thing, the Kingdom of Heaven, and furthermore, He did not recruit an army to do it. Thirteen men were entrusted with the Gospel, and by the grace of the Holy Spirit, the Gospel is alive and effective even today. Jesus is Lord and his government is the Kingdom of Heaven. We are his Bride after all.

Love each other.

Post Note: I'm reading Jesus Uncensored: Restoring The Authentic Jew by Bernard Starr. Not sure that I'll recommend it yet. It reads like an agenda book, but it's got some killer points. For one, it has a chronological list of all the atrocities committed against the Jews by the church in Christ's name. Starr contributes to the Huffington Post. Ex: To Experience Jesus, Visit A Synagogue.
Having been Messianic for a season, I am humbled and awed by the Jewish faith. I loved Elizabeth lighting the candles, and doing Shavuot as a family. I'm grateful for Followers of Yeshua in Winston Salem.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Linked Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...